Friday, December 2, 2011

From the green pastures of Ireland to the hills of Scotland


Scotland as well as Ireland, are both very beautiful places. Scotland was my second favorite place to visit. The culture is not too different from Ireland but the environment was a bit different. As you can see from the picture above, this is a hill that is considered an island in the ocean. I thought this was a very neat environmental site as one of my first views of Scotland.
 

As part of our studying aboard program, we took several tours around each city in every country we visited. This castle pictured above is in Edinburgh, Scotland. This castle was the home for the royalty who ruled over the land of Scotland before England had conquered the land. Unfortunately we did not go in the castle (though I would have loved to because its very old and so huge!) but I guess it gives me a reason to visit the city again! It was a very interesting and beautiful town.





The picture to the left shows a large stream that was entering into Loch Ness home of the Loch Ness Monster. This region of Scotland was very amazing I enjoyed visiting it, taking pictures and just hanging out walking through the small village along Loch Ness.




As another part of our bus tour and along the ocean coast,
there was this beautiful church and a lovely forest. This tree to the right was very unique and not like any type of tree that I have ever seen. The United States do not (unless I haven't seen them) have these types of trees. All the branches were intertwined and the leaves were a tear drop shape. By far the coolest tree I've ever seen and probably will ever see.






The next few pictures below are all scenic views of the forest, hills and housing that the Scottish people live in everyday. Being such a nature-oriented person, these were absolutely gorgeous with different colors such as oranges, reds, browns and greens. It was fall at the time we had traveled to Scotland (meaning my classmates and I) so the colors were outstanding! Check out the pictures below. Enjoy!
















As you can see Scotland is a perfect place to visit! If you really like scenery and wildlife as well as travel to famous cities Scotland is a beautiful place to see! In my opinion, Scotland was one of my top favorite places to visit in Europe out of a total of 12 countries we visited! Hope you enjoyed reading. To check more stories and blogs about traveling in Europe visit the NDSU Center for Global Initiatives at

- Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment