Monday, November 21, 2011

Taste the flavors of the European theater.

In my experience feasting like the locals is one of the best ways to experience the different way of life around the world. I have had some of the best times abroad going into the restaurant and beer joints that are not tailed to vacationers, and other tourist. Like the saying goes, “When in Rome do as the Romans”. Remember that you are their gest, and their rules.

            Some of my buddy’s and I got some bikes and spent a hole day riding around Rota, Spain eating and drinking. We stopped at an outside ice cream stand. The flavors were had predict because it was all in Spanish and I do not know how to read Spanish.  There was one flavor that I had heard of, whisky ice cream. I had to try it. It did taste like booze but not exactly what I was thinking. Through the day we keep hearing big bottle rockets taking off. We went into a local bar and learned that there was a soccer game on and when their team scores they shoot them off.  From there we went into a sit down Japanese restaurant. It was nothing like a Japanese restaurant in the states. The food was cooked in front of us and they poured sake down your throat after the dinner, no cost for the sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment